Displays convert electrical signals to visual representations that have meaning to people. The 7-segment display is a simple device to display numbers or even some characters. The project’s result is a 7-segment display set to display the capital character ‘E’.
The project is an introduction to displays.
- You see how breadboards, resistors, and 7-segment displays look like .
- You understand how breadboard works.
- You understand the difference between schematic and real circuit.
- You understand what a 7-segment display does.
This is the circuit of the project.
You can see a way to set up the circuit on the breadboard. Remember, there are many correct ways to transfer a circuit on the breadboard.
- Every segment consists of a LED.
- Resistors role is to reduce the current to prevent and damages to the LEDs.
- By turning on a selected group of segments, a specific number or character is displayed.