OR logic is a basic digital logic. There is a specific gate for this logic, the OR gate. An OR gate gives a digital HI as output while even just one of its input is HI. The result of the project is digital circuit using NAND gates that implement the OR logic. A LED turns on only while even one of the two buttons is pressed.
The project is an introduction to digital circuits.
- You see how breadboards, resistors, push buttons, ICs and LEDs look like.
- You understand how breadboard works.
- You understand the difference between schematic and real circuit.
- You understand the difference between digital logic and digital gates.
- You can notice a way to create digital HI/LO signal.
- You understand the OR logic.
You can see a way to set up the circuit on the breadboard. Remember, there are many correct ways to transfer a circuit on the breadboard.
- The NAND gate is called universal gate because using only NAND gates is possible to get any digital function.